3G Iphone....With or Without WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacTo737, Apr 10, 2008.

1. MacTo737 macrumors newbie

Long time listener, first time caller.

My contract is up in less than a month with Sprint. I've holding out for Iphone for a long time. The stuff I've been reading and watching is that the 3G version will not have wifi. I actually saw the clip of Steve saying it will not via a link from this site (I can't seem to find the link again, if you have seen it and know where it is, please send me a message or post on here). To me, that's the deal breaker. If the new 3G does not have Wifi, I'd rather stick with the old edge/wifi version. I'm so confused! Any word on whether 3G will or will not have wifi? Please be gentle. Don't run over a newbie!!!!

2. touchyphone macrumors regular

Would be kinda silly to take out a key tool from the phone in a newer better version, you have heard way wrong.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

no you must be mistaken. the 3g iphone WILL still have wifi, don't worry. they aren't going to drop that feature off the phone.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I don't know where this rumor got started, but it makes as much sense as taking the Ethernet jack off all Macs just because they all have WiFi. 3G coverage is nowhere near a blanket over the US, so that would eliminate the whole iTunes WiFi store.

Relax, folks. The iPhone will have WiFi for a loooong time to come.

7. red41 macrumors regular

It wouldn't make sense. The amount of phones hitting their network would bog it down, the relief the wi-fi provides to ATT is worth more than the cost of the chip.

8. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

3G coverage is nowhere near a washcloth across the US. :)

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Steve said the next MacBook update would not display the colour blue... should I buy the current gen?

10. meagain macrumors 68030

I'd sure like to read where you've read this. They need to be corrected and/or reamed. I'd switch to AT&T (or T-mobile if you want to hack), get a freebie phone, then the iPhone.

11. weeman macrumors 6502