3g iPhone works with any AT&T sim!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lasteve, Jul 13, 2008.

1. lasteve macrumors member

I don't know if anybody else on here has tried this but my friend and I noticed our 3g iPhone worked with other AT&T sims. My brother has a treo and I popped his sim in my iPhone and it worked.

Since this is possible do you think it will be possible to lower your data plan or use a pay as you go sim on the 3g.

2. mdeanoly macrumors newbie

mdeanoly

Interesting..

Very interesting...........

snore..

Just kidding, that is cool. Nice find. Submit. It. To. Macrumors. With. Pictures.

3. imapfsr macrumors regular

imapfsr

Im with Rogers in Canada and I can switch between my personal and business sim with no troubles.

4. ec51 macrumors 6502

I dont see why it wouldnt work. Not that changing the sims is really necessary? Why couldnt you call att and say your not using the 3g anymore and you went back to your old iphone?

I was using my BB for a while when they THOUGHT i was using an iPhone.....they dont know.

5. phaggard macrumors regular

I am with ATT is California and any SIM will work in the Iphone if you call ATT and have them provision the card for the Iphone. I've done it several times and just taking a 3G SIM from another non Iphone phone won't work. In my cases, they had to input the IMEI number from the phone and they have to activate the Iphone Data. I had a SIM from a Tilt that had the $30 unlimited data and it wouldn't work unless I caled in.

6. showtime macrumors 6502

so the phone function will work perfectly with any at&t sim? Has anybody tried getting on edge with a data plan that isn't an iphone data plan?