3G iPod shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by smurfy, Sep 3, 2007.

1. smurfy macrumors member

How do you think Apple can improve the shuffle?

They can bump the storage space, but seeing as 1G to 2G only got bumped by 512MB, I can't see anything huge coming. I would think we will probably get a choice of 1GB, 2GB, and maybe 3/4GB.

They could slip a little screen on there, to show what track is playing, and how much of the track is elapsed, reminiscent of Creative's Zen Nano player.

I don't really know what they have left to do with the shuffle apart from speed bumps. Aesthetically, it is so small that any attempt to shrink it further would have to make the controls unusable. Chopping off the space to the left of the controls would leave no space for the switches on the bottom. They can't really make it a different shape, apart from possibly removing the curved edges, because judging by the iPod nano leak, iPhone, and iPod 5G, they are now doing so on all iPods.

What do you think they can do with it?

2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I'd hope for some kind of screen on the shuffle. Perhaps a scroll ball of some sort like the blackberry pearl. I love shuffle updates. They are always affordable and a nice edition to my collection.