3g isn't that strong in some parts? will it be fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 8, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

I have 2 to 3 bars of 3g on my 2nd floor, but on the 1st floor and basement its usually edge. i can maybe get 1 bar 3g on 1st floor, but anyway there are parts of town where i get full 5 bar 3g and it never changes and i also seen my phone have 3g through building, which some people said were impossible to get.

so my question is, if their is already 3g in the area, but it isn't that strong, will att fix that orfocus on non 3g areas?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

ATT says that they are expanding the network constantly but who really knows how fast they are moving along with it. It appears that you are on the fringes of the 3G coverage so one would logically think that if ATT were going to expand coverage they would pick an area that is on the fringes to add better coverage first. All in all I really have no idea how they will go about doing this but you have my 2 cents worth nonetheless.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

i hope so. its funn i walk 2 blocks up and have 5 bars like how does it not get to my house.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I reported problem with 3G service in a two block area within heart of a major city, and I haven't heard back from them yet. This is a residential area without any tall buildings or interference.

I doubt anything will change, but I do hope to get some credit on my bill though.

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

^ so ur saying that it can't be fixed? it hink so they just need to make the signal stronger. its just on the cusp here.

6. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

AT&T rep told me that unless something is broken, I may not like the answer I'll get back. So yes, I doubt they'll add another tower to fix the problem. But this is for my location, which is likely different than your situation.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The long term goal for AT&T is that everywhere there is currently EDGE service there will eventually be 3G service. You should expect full 3G service in approximately 25 years. ;)

Good luck getting AT&T to credit your bill. I know some have done it--but more often than not it will require you to be on hold for quite a awhile and you will profusely sweat blood. I tried and they absolutely refused.

8. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Yep, I expect an uphill battle with AT&T, and preparing myself for a marathon with them.

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The other posters are correct in that AT&T is building out their network contantly. However, I wouldn't expect coverage in your basement any time soon unless you talk AT&T into allowing you to be a microsite with your own antennas.