3G issue after tethering ( very weird )

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shenaniganz08, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

I've been having spotty 3g after jailbreaking + tethering my phone

I have great reception (5 bars + 3g ) but i often have to wait several seconds - up to a minute before my data works. Once it starts downloading the 3g speeds are fine.. then after a couple minutes it dies, and i have to wait several seconds for it to start downloading again, or I have to reset my network settings.

when i have it connected to my computer its the same problem, if I let it sit for a while it will lose the 3g signal. I started Pandora ( music streaming) and it streamed for hours, without losing the signal

So currently on my desktop I have winamp running in the background streaming a very low bitrate radio stadio. This is the only way for me to keep my internet connection up without interruptions

Anyone have an idea whats going on ?

running iphone 3g 3.1.2 5.11.07 unlocked and jailbroken

2. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

same thing happened to me. it pissed me off and scared me at the same time. i just uninstalled blacksn0w and the tether hack lol

3. calvy macrumors 65816

everyone I hear who complains about signal after jailbreaking has used blackrain. Hmmm, I wonder what the cause is. And wonder why GeoHotz has disappeared from twitter for the most part.

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

actually i believe they have all also used blacksn0w, which is what people claim cause these signal issues

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Because people won't stop berating him for not making an untethered jailbreak and demanding that he fix WiFi issues which cannot be fixed without a kernel patch?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

1+

he is just plan annoyed right now. He has stated over and over these issues are fault, Muscle Nerd also said the same. when will people realize there are only a few working on the JB if we tick them off then no more JB's! Goehot offers his stuff free donations optional Dev-team never ask that's just the way they are. I think there is one other group out there I don't fallow them.

7. Shenaniganz08 thread starter macrumors 6502

I used blackrain

So, the answer is unknown then :/

8. RangerXML macrumors regular

Geohot was working on the PS3 hack and is taking a much deserved rest.

Same issue here. In fact I have mentioned this problem for months now and have even been ridiculed for saying an issue like this exists.

9. Shenaniganz08 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's just a weird problem, that's why im so curious

IF i run pandora or winamp in the background my internet doesn't go down ( been up for about 30 hours without a hipcup or loss of connection)

IF I stop Winamp/pandora it stops working, and I need to reset my network settings

it seems like if someone could develop a program that downloads .0001kb continuously this could fix this issue

10. Bakakage macrumors 6502

This used to happened after I installed tethering/blacksn0w, also sometimes when people called me it didn't even ring for them and my phone reported it as a missed call, very annoying. So I said **** it and restored and only use blackra1n to jailbreak nothing else and now everything is swell :D.