3G ISSUE Verizon's Carrier

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JohnsAndrews, May 10, 2011.

1. JohnsAndrews macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you guys could actually help me out. I recently

bought an ipad 2 ( Verizon's Carrier) three days ago, and i've been trying to

connect it to the 3G Network, but the issue is that i have an international visa

card, and when i'm about to register for an account in order to get the 3G

Network, it asks me to fill a valid billing address of U.S.A. Which i do not

posses, because my visa card was issued in another country.

So i was wondering what can i do about this guys?, Is there any other way to

acquired 3G network for the ipad2 without using a Visa Credit card? btw, i'm

an international student currently living in the state of Rhode island.

Hope you guys can help me out, Thanks in Advance

Johns Andrews.

2. Janet1 macrumors member

Have you tried using the address you're currently living at in Rhode Island?

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Have you tried calling up verizon? They may be better able to assist you.

4. thekb macrumors 6502a

Are you trying to sign up for the post-paid account or pre-paid?

Why don't you just buy a prepaid AMEX card in a store and use that to register and you can put any address down you want. The only reason that you HAVE to put your accurate address is so that it matches the billing address on your credit card. With an AMEX (or MC or VISA) giftcard, there is no address associated with it, right?

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Verizon only offers pre-paid, and I think I remember reading that those refillable credit cards don't work either. The OP needs to contact Verizon...nothing a member here can do.

6. thekb macrumors 6502a

Oh, that's interesting ... on my AT&T ipad 1, I did connect it with an AMEX card at first. It was not a refillable kind, just a plain old $50 giftcard but it for sure worked about 8 weeks ago.