3G Jailbreak currently pretty useless

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cmschmidt, Jul 20, 2008.

1. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

Am I the only one that feels this way? I feel like we've been waiting for this to be released and it finally is, and pretty much has absolutely no use beyond changing unlock sliders, and battery graphics.

I know more apps will show up in the coming days and weeks, but anybody else feel like they've just been waiting for delivery of a new car, and then you finally get it and the gas to run it hasn't been invented yet?

So I have a cool jailbroken iPhone 3G...great, it's fun to look at I guess...

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I guess if you find themes, SSH, etc useless...

:rolleyes:

3. kleptobizmol macrumors member

kleptobizmol

yeah i thought the exact thing. i thought there weren't any apps that were decent.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I can install the apps I bought from the app store on a phone I'm going to take overseas and will be putting a different SIM card in. Not useless for me at all.

5. radiotowers macrumors member

Well the main reason I wanted to jailbreak again was for SSH.

The apps I can get from the App Store... anything that isn't going to be there (requires a daemon, themes, etc.) will be available on Cydia or whatever other Installer type application pretty soon I'm sure.

6. Jheff! macrumors newbie

The only reason for me jailbreaking is for themes, emu, customize, and apps you won't find in the app store.

7. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

im fine with just customizing. now come on winpwn get your act together