3g jailbreak quickpwn question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chenks, Feb 13, 2009.

1. chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

i have a "virgin" iPhone 3G with 2.2.1 firmware. it has never been jailbroken before and it activated and on an O2 contract.

i want to jailbreak only and am not interested in unlocking etc. don't want to chagne or modify the baseband or anything like that.

am i right in assuming that i can use quickpwn to do this? someone mentioned to me that if it has never been jailbroken before that i could only pwnage tool. is this correct ?

is it also correct that this jailbreak will do no permanent damage? ie a factory restore would put it back to the way it was before jailbreak?

thanks

2. The General macrumors 601

So the stickies in combination with Google didn't answer all of your questions? I mean, is there something preventing you from reading the release notes that come with Quickpwn?

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You are correct in everything you said. Use, quickpwn, and if you have any problems or need to take it to apple you can just perform a restore.

4. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

arsehole.

i did read the info on the quickpwn website, but it didn't answer my question, hence posting here.

5. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

ok thanks... i guess the guy that told me that i had to use pwnagetool for the first jailbreak was talking **** then.

good to see there are some users on here that aren't so far up their own arse that their top lip is brown :D

6. The General macrumors 601

Oh really?

ANSWER FROM QUICKPWN WEBSITE:
    "iPhone 3G locked users
    If you don’t ever want to unlock your iPhone 3G then just update to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes and run QuickPWN to jailbreak."

www.quickpwn.com

ANSWER FROM GOOGLE:
    "Jailbreaking does not incur permanent damage unless you use ZiPone where there's a chance."
    http://******.com/?q=jailbreaking+permanent+damage&l=1

ANSWER FROM MACRUMORS.COM:
    "Just restore it."
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=368203

7. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

and where did it specifically answer the question about me being told that i had to use pwnagetool first and that quickpwn wouldn't work if the phone had never been jailbroken?

that was my main question.

you don't need to waste my time by replying as someone who wasn't an arsehole actually answered my question.

8. The General macrumors 601

That would be the "run QuickPWN to jailbreak" part. Ideally you'd use your brain to figure out that by "run QuickPWN to jailbreak" they mean "run QuickPWN to jailbreak."

9. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

you're just wasting your own time by replying back all the time. my question has been answered by a helpfull user, you can jog on.