3G Launch at Apple Stores in Malls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msizzle64, Jul 7, 2008.

1. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'm planning on buying my iPhone 3G at the westfield fashion square mall in Sherman Oaks CA. I went on their website and it says they open at 10:00 AM and there is no info about special opening times for the iPhone 3G. Does anyone have any info on how they will be selling the iPhone if the mall isn't open? Is Apple paying malls to open early?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

they are most likely opening at 8am-- i doubt they would update every retail location website for one day-- if in doubt, call the store

3. lesliegolf macrumors regular

My mall based Apple store is opening at 8am. I called to confirm.

4. dangoland macrumors member

Yeah, I've been concerned too, when would the malls fdoor open to allow thos waiting in line? Would they leave the line outside the mall if its a closed mall? What if the mall has multiple entrances?

5. agirton macrumors regular

6. Waterpolo820 macrumors regular

The apple store that I am going to is in a mall as well, Where their line starts is the closest entrance. So I would call your local store and ask.

7. msizzle64 thread starter macrumors 6502

msizzle64

thanks for the feedback. im going to the mall on wednesday to ask them.

8. Jimmie Geddes macrumors regular

I called 2 NJ Apple Retail Stores, both are in malls, and open later than 8 a.m.

I was told that the Apple Store would be opening @ 8 a.m. while other stores in the mall would still be closed.

9. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I know that at many of the malls around me open their doors early to the "Mall Walkers" (people who power walk around the mall for exercise). Plus, the Apple Stores generally were open before the posted opening time for purposes of Personal Shopping and One to One appointments. So, for the stores, it'll be business as usual (plus the rush of iPhone customers. lol)

10. Moose408 macrumors newbie

I went to two Apple Stores in malls today and asked what time they were opening and got the response "We don't know".

11. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Well I know on Saturdays when new sneakers come out, malls open up at about 7 AM to allow for camping out. So I don't see why this Friday would be any different.

12. David-fr macrumors 6502

hey i live there

HEY I THIK U TALK ABOUT THE VALLEY FAIR MALL
    AT SAN JOSE CA, AM GOING THERE THEY WILL OPEN AT 8.00 OFICIALLY, AND THE MALL WILL OPEN AT 7.00 AM, I'LL CAMP A DAY BEFORE FROM 12..AM

13. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

please don't use all caps - it feels like you're shouting...

14. admanimal macrumors 68040

Wait, people camp out for sneakers?

Not that camping out for a phone makes any more sense, I guess.

15. lesliegolf macrumors regular

I had no idea either until I watched an episode on dateline that talked about Sneaker collecting.