Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powermixx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
While my new iPhone was idle, blank screen, it suddenly started vibrating and some diagonal green lines covered the screen. The only way I could fix it was to press the Home button and hold the top button and it finally restarted. Has anyone else had a situation like this?

powermixx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
This happened to my iPhone 3G last night too. I posted a video of it here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7010595644971000694&hl=en

-S
Well at least I'm not alone. That is exactly what mine looked like. Were you doing anything with the phone? My fiance said my phone was just sitting on the seat in the car (7am - car NOT hot) and it started.

What if that happens and I'm not near it and the darn thing vibrates off a table or something and breaks? Hmmmm???

Now, back to the issue: When it occurred, I could see an application under the green bars. It was the FREE Saber app that I downloaded - like a light saber. Did you download it? I'm just trying to determine if it's a bad app downloaded or should I take it in for diagnosis?

Thanks! - Good video!

hydeparker

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
I haven't downloaded the saber app, so that's definitely not the common denominator. Mine had an app screen underneath too, but I can't recall which one. It was a white background so maybe just email or something. I made the vid because I thought maybe this would be a virus or widespread problem, but apparently not.

Not too worried about it, I guess. Easy enough to get around with the home/wake buttons, and as far as I can tell there's nothing else that's going wrong. I'll assume it's a one-time fluke until I'm proven otherwise. An old boss of mine would've referred to this as "an FM not worth solving" (F---ing mystery).

-S

jendowning

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
it's the saber

Mine happened after i was torturing my dog with the iSaber.
and... i deleted it promptly after i booted it back up...
let you know if it happens again....

hydeparker

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2008
It's not the saber

I've never downloaded/installed saber, and it happened to my iPhone too so I'm doubtful that's the culprit.

andyblila

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2008
On My iPhone, or my iPad?
I have the Saber, NP

I don't think it's the saber. I have that app too and have had zero problems. Maybe the phone just needed to be reset. I like to reboot mine at least once a week. It is a computer after all. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.