Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Tethering

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

bembol

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
So how's MacRumors getting Data on your iPad?

I have a 6GB Data with my Voice. Rogers has a Shared plan that will cost me $2 for the first ten months and $12 afterwards. It's a month-to-month.

I have a 32GB LTE and figured $2 is worth it that I don't have to look for free Wi-Fi or worry about draining the battery on my Samsung Galaxy S3 by Tethering it.

Last edited:

Caliber26

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Even though I have the LTE iPad, I cancelled the data plan after the first month. I never take it out of my home, so I just use WiFi. I had gotten the LTE model because I didn't feel like paying for tethering and draining my iPhone's battery when traveling but now that tethering will become a free feature (once AT&T starts offering the shard data plans), I will just use that to connect my iPad when traveling and WiFi isn't available. Whenever a new iPad comes out, I'll upgrade to a WiFi-only model.

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I'm on three mobile (iPhone) and have unlimited data as well as tethering so I use that but my ipad3 has an O2 sim in it for the odd area that three might not be available, not that I've had that issue in the past!