3G/LTE users. How do you get your Data?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bembol, Aug 21, 2012.

?

How do you get your Data?

1. Wi-Fi

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Data Plan Contract

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Shared Data with Smart/Super Phone

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Tethering

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. bembol, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

So how's MacRumors getting Data on your iPad?

I have a 6GB Data with my Voice. Rogers has a Shared plan that will cost me $2 for the first ten months and $12 afterwards. It's a month-to-month.

I have a 32GB LTE and figured $2 is worth it that I don't have to look for free Wi-Fi or worry about draining the battery on my Samsung Galaxy S3 by Tethering it.

2. Caliber26, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Even though I have the LTE iPad, I cancelled the data plan after the first month. I never take it out of my home, so I just use WiFi. I had gotten the LTE model because I didn't feel like paying for tethering and draining my iPhone's battery when traveling but now that tethering will become a free feature (once AT&T starts offering the shard data plans), I will just use that to connect my iPad when traveling and WiFi isn't available. Whenever a new iPad comes out, I'll upgrade to a WiFi-only model.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I'm on three mobile (iPhone) and have unlimited data as well as tethering so I use that but my ipad3 has an O2 sim in it for the odd area that three might not be available, not that I've had that issue in the past!

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3