3G microcell and your iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by medicscott, Jul 25, 2010.

1. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

so i saw one of these in a house i responded to (medic)...and asked them what it was...they said it boosts your 3G signal, which would be great since i have barely one at my house! i called att, and the rep was pretty lame on the topic, guess they havent taught them what this microcells do yet.

does anyone have one going? how does it work for your iphone? and is there a monthly fee?

2. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

3. dokindo macrumors regular

4. rmcmast macrumors newbie

Got one last weekend and other than waiting a couple hours for activation it's working great with our 2 iPhones. We live in a rural area and signal was always pretty weak. Almost always edge, very rarely 3G before the MicroCell.

This week when on the road calling home I had no dropped calls all week. At home, we always have 4-5 bars and 3G.

There is no monthly charge unless you want to sign up for unlimited calling. Without that, you just use your minutes on your plan as usual.

Very happy so far.

-- Rick

5. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

In the 6 years I've lived at my current address, I've never been able to get cell reception. Hooked up the Micro-cell and waited about an hour for it to activate, and I couldn't be happier. Full signal all around my house. I can walk about half-way down my 1/8 mile driveway and still get signal. :D

6. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

I could only wish for this.

7. mikemanblah macrumors regular

This is the complete rundown
    For 150$ you get it with no strings attatched and no monthly fees and can use it as much as you want
    For a 100 dollar mail in rebate you can pay like 20$ a month for unlimited calling using the microcell.

I bought the 150$ price and it works great. It gives me fair amount of bars everywhere in my property