3G Missing.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by s3rh47, Jan 21, 2014.

1. s3rh47 macrumors newbie

Hello i life in Austria. I have iPhone 5 ios 7.0.4 and I haven't LTE , i have just 3G .

I dont know where is my 3G in Setting. There are only Cellular Data , Data Roaming and Personal Hotspot. How i can now activate my Edge ? earlier there were 3G on iOS 6. if i deactivate 3G , there were Edge on.

But now. 3G missing on my device. That does not matter , whether it is to jailbreak or not. I have Restore my device many times. But 3G always missing.

BUT I HAVE 3G Connection. There No Problem. if signal is not so strong, it seems EDGE in status bar. I can not change myself.

If i Jailbroake and install the CCseting or Controll from Cydia . If in Setting no 3G . The 3G toogles is also missing in Controll Center.

I need Help. Pls.

There a pic : 3G Connection is OK , Hotspot OK .

But 3G missing in Setting. Device Not JailBroaked now...

[​IMG]

2. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

Your carrier decides the settings that are available under the Cellular settings page (such as 4G/3G toggle)

3. mohdamerul macrumors member

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I don't think I've ever heard of the iPhone 5 ever having a 3G toggle.

Sometimes and LTE toggle depending on Carrier settings.

5. Coupz macrumors regular

I'm from Austria and had the same thing. I'm at Hutchison Drei and got a carrier update and after applying that update, the 3G toggle is gone.

I had a 3G toggle since January 2013 when I bought my iPhone 5

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Three Mobile in UK, which I believe is related to Hutchison, never had a 3G toggle because they worked exclusively on 3G. They are just introducing 4G/LTE now so there's a 4G toggle. As others have said, it's decided by your carrier.

7. s3rh47 thread starter macrumors newbie

How you can carrier Update ?

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Carriers push them out sometimes (sometimes you get them when you plug into iTunes, sometimes when you visit the About screen in Settings on the phone, sometimes they come through on their own to the phone), and often they come with iOS updates as well.

9. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

There's probably a good reason your provider doesn't want you using EDGE. A lot of providers are phasing out EDGE and they want to get as many customers off of it as possible. They definitely don't want to deal with customers using it when they don't have to.

10. Coupz macrumors regular

In this case, it's a little different. They just don't want to you to use 2G because that gets routed over their competitions network because drei only has a 3G network and they just don't want to pay another company that their customers can use 2g

There is a ipcc config file here ( http://derad.am/2013/12/drei-hat-meinen-3g-button-gekillt-die-losung/ )
    This works on 7.0.4 but not on 7.1b4
    Can someone change this ipcc file for the carrier info ( 3 Austria 15.7 ) that I can use it with 7.1b4? I couldn't find a ipcc editor for windows :(

11. Coupz macrumors regular

So I had 3 phone calls with Apple Austria with a total call time of around 2 hours.

I got to the second level support and told this guy what I've tried and he told me, that was the max what I've could done from my side. Then he told me to ask an engineer who has a connection to the iMessage server and will call me back in 2 days. He called me right the next day and there wasn't anything they can do, because my carrier (Hutchison 3 Austria) has any kind of an issue and my iPhone doesn't receive the silent SMS from the iMessage server, so authentication is not possible. I thought ok duck because I had a call with my carrier and they told me, everything is fine from there side. After work I wanted to call them when I'm back at home and thought to look back to my message settings and iMessage was activated with my phone number. So I don't know if it was really something from my carrier or from apple and they didn't told me about. But I believe apple more then I believe my carrier.

So in the end, it works again and I don't know how. I mean I'm working as an system administrator and when I tell my clients, that it just worked again without telling what was not working well, I wouldn't have a job. But yeah, I'm happy that it works again.

Greetings from Austria(Vienna)