Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gt1948

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Was wondering if the 3G models will be shipped in time for the Worldwide availabllity date of April 24?

Getting tired of waiting....

Zethca

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
No one knows. Apple has only announced that they would be released "late april". With the last minute supply constraint issues I would set my sights on the last week of April at the earliest, hopefully it's not pushed into may, seeing as the wifi model is already delayed 9 days for non-reservees.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Early May would be still ok, but hopefully not later than that. I'm crossing my fingers that there won't be any huge availability issues.

ipadking

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2010
CA
I'm buying an iPad Wifi now, and will get the 3G later in April/May. I'll flip the Wifi on ebay, hopefully, I'll either break even, or loss $60 or so. That's not a bad price to pay for having your cake and eating it too :D

Alchematron

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2007
Maui Hawaii
I'm buying an iPad Wifi now, and will get the 3G later in April/May. I'll flip the Wifi on ebay, hopefully, I'll either break even, or loss $60 or so. That's not a bad price to pay for having your cake and eating it too :D

Wow, I did not think of that. Truly hardcore approach

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
I did the same and ordered both when ordering started. I will use the WiFi model till the 3G model gets here and then give the WiFi only unit to my VP!

I want the 3G model as I will be using in the field about 1.2 the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.