3G Nano wierd screen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bigbadnewill, Nov 27, 2007.

1. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

I just turned my Nano on as i was about to go for a run and this screen appeared.

[​IMG]

Has anyone else ever had this on their iPod Nano? I went into a menu, and it fixed itself, so no big problem. I was just wondering if this was a common thing?

As you can see, my cursor was over the Nike+ menu, and if i scrolled up and down it stayed on the same error screen. THen, when i clicked into the music menu it fixed itself.

Crazy beans!

2. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Probably just a bug, they'll fix it. But when you get this stuff on other sections of the ipod , bring it back though ;) Thats a really nice nano :D

3. bigbadnewill thread starter macrumors 6502

I know I must admit, i love it more and more each time i see it. Shame i only use it for running really. I have a classic for all my music. If the Nano had a bigger capacity i'd happily sack the classic and just use this!

Yeah, i'm not too worried about the bug, just thought i'd mention it. And like you say, if it happens more I will get a replacement.

4. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Why would you sack the Classic if the Nano had more capacity? The Classic is exactly the same thing , just with a harddrive. And theres no Product Red version. the nano is great for running , since it won't skip on you.

5. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

And the nano can use nike+ipod stuff!

6. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Thats because of nano is partly for running. The Classic doesnt have that because nobody would take the Classic for a run , it will skip and damage the HDD at some point.

7. bigbadnewill thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm kind of lost here, lol. I would sack the classic over the Nano as the extra size of the classic is not good. I don't really use my classic for watching films, my N95 8GB does that very well if I ever need to. The Nano is the way forward, bring on bigger flash drives and i'm selling the Classic :D

I only use my Nano with the Nike+ thing, it's fantastic! I would highly recommend it to anyone out there!

8. lucifix macrumors newbie

I don't think this is a common problem as I have used the Nike+ kit on my 3g nano before.

Your screen is tilted, have you called apple about it?

9. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

when my brotehr went to go get his nano all the screens were tilted. He didn't mind though.

10. bigbadnewill thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know, but no, I never called them. Maybe i should. It doesn't bother me though, and since i use it for running i very rarely look at it. I don't want to be without my iPod since i use it very often for running. Will I have to be without one for long?

Or, could I take it to the apple store and get a replacement there?

Cheers

11. lucifix macrumors newbie

You could go to a genius and get it replaced maybe. Why don't give apple a call first to rectify the problem and ask if it is possible to get an instant replacement?