3G network down for San Francisco?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mischka07, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Mischka07 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I don't know how widespread this is, but several buddies and I noticed we weren't getting any mail/phone calls for the past hour. I checked my phone and it showed full coverage, but when I tried to call out I got a busy signal. When I tried to open a website I got a "not connected" popup.

I google-chatted my buddies to check their phones, same deal. We did notice that Edge still works.

Anyone else in SF having this problem as well? Nothing posted on AT&T's website and their automated response on customer service says no issues at this time.

2. Mischka07 thread starter macrumors regular

Well 3 other iPhone users are complaining they don't have service at Montgomery Bart, so I guess it is down.

3. Regul8tR macrumors member

Regul8tR

nothing. nada. zilch. for the past two hours.
    how can i figure the cost of loss of data?
    ... taking into account work, managing accounts, etc.?

4. The General macrumors 601

Working fine for me by Stonestown.

You don't, because the contract doesn't promise 100% up time and for you to expect 100% up time is ridiculous.

5. alfmil macrumors regular

Looks like AT&T spent a couple bucks upgrading service.

Actually, access in 35% of tunnels is better than the 0% of tunnels I get in Tokyo. But only 1/2 of all stations? I have never been in a station in Tokyo without a signal.

More power (signal) to you AT&T users!:)

BART riders get cellular service in Transbay Tube

By
    @mercurynews.com
    Posted: 12/22/2009 11:41:07 PM PST
    Updated: 12/22/2009 11:41:07 PM PST

BART riders now can get cell phone service as they ride through the Transbay Tube connecting Oakland and San Francisco.

Four major cell phone companies — AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint/Nextel and Verizon — have activated wireless service in the tube, BART announced this week.

The added service was paid for by the cell phone companies, not the public transit agency, said BART board President James Fang of San Francisco.
    With the Transbay Tube wired, cell phone service is now offered in 35 percent of BART's tunnels and eight of its 16 underground stations.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_14054325?source=rss&nclick_check=1