3G Network Down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeeJayEm, Jun 18, 2009.

1. TeeJayEm macrumors regular

3G Network is down in central fl. I switched to/from airplane mode a few times and it didn't resolve the issue. So i tried to call a buddy and it said "you're call can not be completed at this time". I called 611 and spoke to an AT&T rep and he said that 3g was down (everywhere) due to apple's upgrade. But, if they're referring to 3.0 then this doesn't make sense because i've used the GM since wwdc with no problems. They did send a signal to my phone so i could make calls again but i'm curious what 'upgrade' they're talking about. Does anyone else in the States have issues with their 3g at this time? Also, is this only affecting iphone users or all 3g subscribers? Reasons why i'm curios is because it could be 3.0 or it could be at&t upgrading iphone users to MMS by launch date. Any ideas?

2. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Lots of Tampa users here are without 3G. I assume EVERYONE on 3G is without service at the moment in Central Florida.

I find it hard to believe that a SOFTWARE upgrade took down their network. It's not like 1,000,000 people went from 2G to 3G overnight. So, I think Apple is off the hook.

Could be weather related, there were some nasty thunderstorms yesterday evening, could have something to do with that.

Or maybe they're in the process of upgrading their service, which would probably take down some of the signal during that time. Who knows.

3. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

4. Double Down macrumors newbie

5. tuftsmcAU macrumors newbie

im in tampa and i am also experiencing 3g troubles. i can make calls i just dont have any internet.

6. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

well yesterday aroud 2.. i was having problems with 3g.. could still make and receive calls.. but data was a no go..

7. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer