Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porkflap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
Hi, sorry if this rambles a bit to get to the point

I have a 8gb iphone 3g it died the other day (the good old unauthorized accessory would you like airplane mode + no sound routed to the speaker) so after a week or o2 trying to fix it they gave me a new one in a small black box!, i took it home and updated it to 3.0 then put all my apps and bits and bobs on it now it seems to take 20 mins+ to sync it back ups in a few seconds but then takes a age sync i admit i haven't tried a restore yet as it takes a hour for all the apps to re-install.

I just wondered if anybody else had this problem!!

my previous 3g synced quick like normal with 2.1 and all the 3 betas, and the 3.0 Final/GM

Chris

godevil1982

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
i too had problem first .. my 3.0 installation took more than 1.5 hours.. and then after that sync took about 45 mins to 1 hour.. 1st sync takes time.. from 2nd one it is fast...

now my itunes is corrupted.. :(.. need to find a way to find the folder where itunes stores all the application data.. so that when i reinstall i will have my applications in tact..

bursabaju

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2009
The same problem I had

Hi, sorry if this rambles a bit to get to the point

I have a 8gb iphone 3g it died the other day (the good old unauthorized accessory would you like airplane mode + no sound routed to the speaker) so after a week or o2 trying to fix it they gave me a new one in a small black box!, i took it home and updated it to 3.0 then put all my apps and bits and bobs on it now it seems to take 20 mins+ to sync it back ups in a few seconds but then takes a age sync i admit i haven't tried a restore yet as it takes a hour for all the apps to re-install.

I just wondered if anybody else had this problem!!

my previous 3g synced quick like normal with 2.1 and all the 3 betas, and the 3.0 Final/GM

Chris

The same problem that I had.
I wonder this 3.0 give this trouble.
Anybody can help ?

porkflap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
i think i might try removing all my apps from itunes, re transferring them from the iphone doing a full reset on the iphone then starting from scratch f that doesn't help then maybe its a problem in the firmware that affects certain iphones in certain situations and setups!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.