3G not being located

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rofl, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Rofl macrumors member

Anyone experiencing a problem with locating the 3G network on the iPhone 4?

Like for example, there's no problem with locating 3G when there is reception, but the problem arises when you go to a place that has no reception whatsoever (i.e. basement), and then go back to a place where there is reception (i.e. on the streets), where my iPhone 4 can't locate the 3G network again. Instead, it gets stuck in limbo and only upon restarting the phone can it detect 3G again.

It's incredibly annoying - I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the network or the iPhone itself. But judging from the fact that ever since the 4.0.1 update re-directs your reception to a radio mast with the least traffic, I think the iPhone gets confused when going from a place where there is absolutely no reception whatsoever to trying to find a suitable signal back in the open world.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don’t have the problem, but you shouldn’t have to reboot the phone. Just put the phone in airplane mode and then turn off airplane mode, and it should search and find the 3G signal.

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I don't have this problem with my iPhone 4 at all. I would have Apple look at it for you.