3G not sold 24 hours at Fifth Avenue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marvin1379, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

so last night, approx 11:30, i go into the Fifth ave store to get an iPhone. i though it was going to be great bc i don't really have the time during the day to devote to waiting on line.

i was throughly disappointed to learn that it is not sold 24 hours at the 24 hour store. the concierge told me it was 'On the website" but after a brief look, i dont see it. i hope they didn't bury it. it should be on the availability page or the like. he said it was due to the activation servers. they go down at 11pm he said.

oh well, i guess i have to get it in the daylight!

2. Mattlanta macrumors newbie

I talked to one of the Apple guys when I was getting my phone. I was in there pretty late, and apparently they shut down the activiation servers around 11PM. Also, customer service is not available after 11PM. This could be why you can't get one any later than 11PM.

3. jturn00 macrumors member

The activation servers might have something to do with it but my guess is that they have a lot less people working the night shift. With the long lines, basically people would line up and they would end up waiting all night until they could get into the store so they cut off the line and stop selling until the next day.