3G - obviously definalty in the new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carlosbutler, Jun 6, 2008.

1. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

I was just sent an email by zagg.com (as well as all the other members) saying you can buy a cover for the iPhone 3G. By the looks of the very, very dark picture it could either be the current iPhone, or one that looks exactly the same but with black on the outside instead of the silver coloured trim - they also have a competition that gives away a free iPhone 3G... - seen in images below:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, this zagg product is very very good. I used to have it on the whole phone but it looked crappy, so i only have it on the front now and you can hardly notice its actually there. Amount of care ive given is crap, student life basically (ie crap) and it still looks good - great buy if you arent someone who treats the phone like a child

2. RasaFrasa macrumors member

Here's a direct link to the "iPhone (2nd Gen with 3G)" shield: Right here.

If I remember correctly they did the same thing last year with a Pre-order for the first revision iPhone shield.

3. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

maybe, but i wasnt really paying attention when they released it in june since im in the UK - but at least i know for sure that is has broadband-ish type interent, EDGE really is crap, and although reliable (ie not connection cuts) its sooooooooooooooooooo slow:(

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Ships apx at end of June, move along. This company has no info and is just taking pre-orders for a product they haven't developed yet.

5. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Some speculation and a darkened gen 1 iPhone.

Doesnt exactly confirm anything that we dont really already know.

You not think this thread is a good bit on the pointless side??

6. moveteam macrumors member

7. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Well a few weeks ago the AT&T exec. said a 3G iPhone would be coming in the next couple months, so it is just a matter of time now.

Amazing how Apple didn't say anything about it, yet everyone is anticipating it.

8. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

well maybe it is a bit pointless...
    but i thought i would post it anyway - its hardly going to freeze the server/s is it now. and since ive posted it its already gone half way down the page

9. buy3giphone macrumors newbie

I found this useful and think its a great product indeed.
    I might consider buyin it :)

Thanks

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Mossberg said something too ;) He's been quiet since allthingsd. Making notes for his review no doubt :D

11. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Yeah, I really can't wait. Monday 1pm couldn't come sooner, I have to work that day, which sucks. But I do have $300 so far.

12. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Drafting up a review with as many references of I in it lol :rolleyes:

13. trogdor! macrumors regular

14. CKtoph macrumors 6502

I think we can all safely assume that the 3G iPhone is indeed being announced on Monday. It's just a matter of exactly when within the next few days will it be available and it's features at this point...

15. fuzzwart macrumors newbie

Two things of note:

1) I just came from the local AT&T store. When I asked for information about the 3G iPhone I received: "Apple is making the announcement on the 9th about the 3G iPhone but we don't know any more than that." This, I would take as a confirmation more than anything else that I have seen.

2) Regarding this thread. It does not provide much proof to the existence of a product much less the 3G iPhone when you post a picture that show Cingular as the carrier.

My $0.02

16. timoweiland macrumors newbie

Zagg email

Yep I got that email too. I couldn't be more excited about getting that new iPhone. I checked BodyGuardz website and you can order there as well, so I did just that. They said I would have it by the end of the month.

timo

17. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Too bad it does not list specific dimensions of the product. That would have been nice.

18. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

slow?
    EDGE?

try dial-up buddy.
    3kb/s download speeds
    :(
    not cool.

19. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i ordered my Zagg cover for the 3G phone. the website says it will ship the end of june. I figure that is after the actual phone has been released.

20. iceman1234 macrumors member

iceman1234

if their isn't 3G, steve jobs will meat his doom on June 14th...

21. iceman1234 macrumors member

iceman1234

WHY ARE U USING A PC... U DISGRACED THIS WEB SITE!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

22. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

well are we not all using a PC, since PC stands for personal computer. so unless you share your computer with everyone else, its kinda personal.

but if by that you mean windows crappy operating system, well yes. i am ashamed, although not so much since im waiting for the educational freebies in the UK, once they are out im buying the 3.06 24" imac :D - and apart from using windows for steam games, i will be completly microshit free;):apple::apple::apple::apple: