3g OS upgrade times

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johndyar, Feb 3, 2010.

1. johndyar macrumors newbie

I have a 16g 3g that I bought when it was released. It's loaded with about 2,000 songs, 150 pictures and about 60 apps. Updating the OS takes hours to complete. I updated to 3.1.3 yesterday and it took over 6 hours to back up and upgrade. Every upgrade I have ever done has always worked without errors but always takes this long. Is this typical?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You have a corrupt app on your phone. To solve the issue plug your phone into your computer select the apps tab and remove them all. Click sync. If it tries to backup click the little x next to the backup status bar. Once it's removed the apps unplug your iPhone and you should find there are 1 or two maybe more apps still on your iPhone. These all have corrupt data in them. Hold your finger on one to make them wobble and click the little x to remove them do this till there is no 3rd party apps left. Restart your iPhone holding power and home till it shows the apple logo and release. Once booted plug your iPhone back into your computer and put your apps back on. You should find the two backups it will do will fly through.

Hope that helps.

For future refrence the apps become corrupt when updating through the iPhones app store. Dosnt happen offen but when it does it's a pain in the ass