3G outages across New England Confirmed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ultravorx, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ultravorx macrumors member

Well, like most of us with 3g iphone, i thought i might have a bad phone since my 3g speeds were lagging or not even working at times.

I decided to call CS to ask about a possible refund as some of you guys alread did. I was told i could not get the credit as of yet since the outage is still going!! I'd have to call back in once 3G is fully operational.

So i asked what was going on and she told me that on 7/16/08, they started having massive 3g issues that would slow 3g down, not allow 3g to connect at all, and delay txt messages. Apparently with the hugh load on the 3g network caused by all the 3g iphone being released on the 11th, it cause a major surge on their equipment that still hasnt been fixed yet.

She told me the outage is affecting new england and some parts of NYC. So if your in thoses areas, its not the iphone causing you the problems, its actually At&t. They know about the problem and are working to fix it ASAP (from what she said, lol)

Hope you guys find this useful!!

Frank

2. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

3. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

Yea I called about it last night and got a refund on my account. I guess AT&T didn't have any foresight about the "load" on the 3G network because of the iPhone... :rolleyes:

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

It's probably the Bellichick Spy Satellites™ hogging the bandwidth... :D

5. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

That's a LOT of "housewives" using all those iPhones. ;)

6. 545h4 macrumors newbie

7. kicko macrumors 65816

kind of odd, i called At&t and got $25 credit a week ago, strictly for 3g issues. If there really was an 3g outage of such a magnitude NE-NYC(or the entire upper east coast!!) from 7/16 and still on going.. wouldn't they just have said that. Sounds like BS! Maybe they are upgrading towers or buying time until a more sutible fix is in place.

8. bbwinkle macrumors member

You would say that.

9. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I called and they too told me they were doing maintenance. At first they said I cannot receive a credit until it is resolved. Called again and got 15 dollars off. Called again and said it wasn't fixed, got another 15 (data is 30 dollars).

I plan to do this again next month if this isn't resolved. Seems like it's getting better, but still slow.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I call BS too. Speeds in Manhattan have been fine for me lately, besides the times when the phone decides it needs an airplane mode toggle. I bet Apple is paying AT&T to tell iPhone customers that there are tower "issues" until they get the software fixed.