3G Phone bill??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ilovemyipod, May 6, 2008.

1. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

Will it be a higher phone bill every month with the 3G iPhone or the same as EDGE:confused:

2. touchyphone macrumors regular

Well looking into my crystal ball the connect to the future AT&T, I would say....how is anyone here supposed to know? You're guess is as good as everyone else's.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I presume your bill will not change as your plan would encompass the change but your best bet would be to call AT&T and see if there's a way for them to tell. I know I had a phone with edge then moved to a phone with 3G and kept the same data plan. No additional charges applied.

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

3G could mean vastly increased data usage. If there isn't an outright increase in the cost of tariffs to reflect this, I would expect to see at least a finite amount of inclusive data or a strongly worded Fair Use Policy (FUP).

But no, nobody knows what's going to happen. Generally speaking, the cost of mobile data is going down, not up.

5. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

I don't think it will change. I was recently at an ATT store and asked the store representative if 3G data plans are any more expensive than EDGE and he said 'no'.

6. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

$533.796141 and if you have to revert back to EDGE there's an extra fee of $0.0023416 per kb.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The 3G iPhone data plan will not cost more than the current plan.

That is my guess, but the reason i say that is because currently AT&T 3G isn't widespread. So people wouldn't be getting 3G speeds some / all the time. If anything, it will be $5 more, making it $25.

8. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

When I was with Sprint, the monthly fee did not increase when the 3G Power Vision network was activated.

9. Xjett macrumors member

I hope the 3G iPhone's monthly payment costs more or less the same if not God knows what iJustine will do...