3G PowerSupport Crystal Film? Does yours scratch easily compared to the old one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gmail, Aug 20, 2008.

1. gmail macrumors member

How tough is it in comparison to it's other competitors. I've heard it's prone to showing scratches. Also, how does it compare to the Anti-glare version in regards to scratch resistance.

In comparison to my EDGE iPhone with the original Crystal Film, it seems a lot more scratch prone. I've had mine for less than a week and there's already a noticeable scratch on it. The old Cystal Film on my EDGE iPhone looked MINT even after a year in the same exact day-to-day situations.

2. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

3. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

just buy one from http://www.zagg.com/
    they are the best i have the crystal film for my iPod it was OK but zagg know what they are doing

4. gmail thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to mention that I am asking specifically about the 3G Crystal Film. One of the reviews for the item on the Apple Store mentioned:

I'm having similar results as the above reviewer. I've only had my phone + 3G PowerSupport Crystal Film for less than week and there's already a noticeable scratch on it. Keep in mind that the phone is always kept in a pocket by itself with no other items. In comparison, the old Crystal Film on my EDGE iPhone looked MINT after nearly a year in the same exact conditions.

I'm wondering if they changed the formula of their screen protectors because it's definitely easier to scratch than the original.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I got more scratches on the 1st gen PSAG than the 3G version.

6. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

No scratches on my crystal film, still looks like the iPhone glass!

It has been fitted since 3G release day :) Quality film, i even had one on my old iPhone.

7. crazyyankeefan macrumors regular

Crystal or anti-glare is all about personal preference. The anti-glare film gives your iPhone screen the matte look (like those older LCD screens), while the crystal one gives the glossy look for your iPhone (like the latest LCD on most laptops now). If you really hate to see fingerprints and wouldn't mind a little compromise for the picture quality, you can go with the anti-glare film. I personally like the crystal film. Although I don't like streaks or fingerprints, I don't want to sacrifice the picture quality.

8. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I've actually found the 3G version to be more scratch-resistant.

9. mikecenizal macrumors member

HELL YES! i agree with you 100%. my crystal film on my edge phone lasted all year with VERY little scratches on it. i used the same film all year and never had to use the second one. i always kept my phone in my gf's purse with all kinds of stuff that could scratch it too. and now with my 3g and newer set of crystal film i found that it has scratched very easily and i am already on my second film. wonder if there is any kind of warranty on it?

10. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

no scratches on mine yet, got it the day after the 3g came out