Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdobeFTW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Hi there,

I just got my new iPhone 3GS, my carrier is t-mobile. There's one problem the phone stays on gprs even when 3g is turned on. I should have normal coverage as I live in a large town. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Paul

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd pop over where you got the phone and talk with them. Either something is wrong with the phone or your area does not have 3G coverage

iannufc

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I had the same problem...

I can tell you have I fixed it, if that's any help? I went into Settings -> General -> Resets and choosing 'Reset Network Settings'. A point to note though is that all of the WiFi passwords I had stored were deleted, so you will have to do this at your own risk of course!

The only reason I can think why it happened to me (and I don't see why it would have!) was because I had been away, and was using my SIM in an old non-3G phone. When I put it back into my iPhone, I had the same problem as you, and I did the above to fix it.

Hope it helps, but remember, do it at your own risk of course!

AdobeFTW

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Thanks for the responses!

The network reset didnt work for me, I can't say if I had 3G on another phone as this is my first 3g enabled phone. I already get a new iPhone next week because of a messed up lcd, so maybe this will solve the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.