Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
I sometimes go to my countryside house where 3g coverage is not very good (3g signal is about 3 bars on average, and 2g is about 4 bars) but on IOS6 it always kept on 3g and internet was relatively fast and very usable, but now on IOS 7 it keeps switching to 2g network constantly.

Even if it shows it's on 3g, and it does that often, right when i click ANY link it INSTANTLY resets to 2 G, and it's going back and forth like that to the point that internet is extremely slow and unusable.
Anyone experienced this?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I sometimes go to my countryside house where 3g coverage is not very good (3g signal is about 3 bars on average, and 2g is about 4 bars) but on IOS6 it always kept on 3g and internet was relatively fast and very usable, but now on IOS 7 it keeps switching to 2g network constantly.

Even if it shows it's on 3g, and it does that often, right when i click ANY link it INSTANTLY resets to 2 G, and it's going back and forth like that to the point that internet is extremely slow and unusable.
Anyone experienced this?

Try settings > general > reset > reset network settings.

note: this will also forget wifi passwords so you may want to have them handy before you do this.

Osko

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014

Anyone experienced this?

Hey ive got this problem??? U found solution?

Orka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Hey ive got this problem??? U found solution?

I bought small mobile wifi router (huawei e5776 to be exact) where i can force use of only 3g, that's the only solution i could find.
Unfortunately Apple allows very limited network options in IOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.