3G Rates? Really need help to convice dad for iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nintendofreak93, Jul 2, 2008.

1. nintendofreak93 macrumors regular

My dad might switch us over to AT&T to let me get an iPhone. I have a question about the family rates. I would get an iPhone and my Dad would not get the iPhone, but he would need data plan on his smartphone. We would want 1400 minutes. Would that be $150? or is it different because he wouldn't be using the iPhone itself. Thanks.

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I believe it would be $159.99, assuming his data plan is also $30.

3. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

1400m
    $80 for primary
    $9.99 for secondary
    $30 for iphone plan
    SMART phone plan is only like $15, PDA phone is $30. (this determined on the keyboard unfortunately...)

so if he is using a smartphone then it will be like $135, if he has a pda device then $150

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I added an extra $10 accidentally. It should be $149.99

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

don't forget texting for the iPhone plan $5 for 200 or $15 for 1500.

6. yode macrumors 6502

7. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. My dad would need a data plan. And we probably would need the 5 dollar text messaging. I doubt I will be able to switch over. :(

8. touchyphone macrumors regular

Not for nothing but I am in the boat if your not of legal age to sign a contract, you just shouldnt have the phone, the monthlies and cost is a big responsibility....you should get a touch, its not exactly the iPhone but pretty close, maybe wait and establish your own credit before you buy the phone!!

9. ryanxslabaugh macrumors member

How much would it be for 2 lines and one with the data plan and both of them having unlimited texts and about 900 minutes?

10. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

just becuase im 15 does not mean im responsible. I just don't have the money to pay for it on my own. The Touch costs a lot more, doesnt have phone, and 3G and all.

11. touchyphone macrumors regular

Just because your 15, doesnt mean you cant use words correctly, its irresponsible

Just because I'm 15 does not mean I am irresponsible....

Anyway, I didnt say you were, I was stating the cost and monthly payments are indeed a chore to keep up with, you shouls save your dad money for your family, you don't need an iPhone that bad at 15 years old. It may make you look cool, but honesly your 15. A touch is more expensive up front, but long term it has no addiitonal cost(updates possibly), so you're flawed there too....the touch would save you money long term...whatever, you're 15. Get a touch, save your dad money and drama....

12. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

700m plan= $130
    1400m plan= $150

13. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I mean to say irresponsible.
    I dont want to pay for the Touch, and it would be GREAT to access the web in a lot of places, much more than just wifi like the touch.

14. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

15yr olds dont need phones with $70+ a month plans. you just want one because its the cool thing right now.

do you need to check your emails when you're out at the mall for new myspace friend requests? lolol

15. nintendofreak93 thread starter macrumors regular

I can't stand myspace. I would just love to browse the internet on the phone. You guys really underestimate some 15 year olds.

16. yode macrumors 6502

Yea, you're the one to tell him that he can't use words correctly. You can't use grammar correctly or spell correctly.

17. touchyphone macrumors regular

Yode, never said I was the king speller, just correcting what he said since it was confusing, thanks Yode, good to know you're doing something with all that obvious time you have on your hands, hows moms basement? : )

Take the joke and sitdown , deeek!

18. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

Hey nintendofreak, just because I remember when I was 15...I'll go ahead and take this one for you.

If you are correcting someone on their spelling you should spellcheck yourself as well...

you should save your dad money for your family...

:D

whoops someone beat me to it : )

19. touchyphone macrumors regular

I dont think we're underestimating, as much as we're saying if your main purpose is for web browsing, why not get a touch, with wifi every five feet you go now? Thats all, I know you want one, we all want one, but still you're 15, besides web browsing what would you use it for, exchange support? Email checking? App store? I mean I know I wouldnt let my little bro get one, and he is 15, he wants it but he knows he doesn't need it. I just dont see how a 15 year old would need a several hundred dollar device with a plan in the thousands of dollars...

Yode's a tool.....:p Hey Yode check my spelling again as I actually have something to do with my day, please spell check me, be my spelling biatch!:p

20. touchyphone macrumors regular

Andronicus is another one who needs attention you and Yode should wed, gay marriage is legal in California now....deeks, the both of you, a pox on your house...hwo si my seplling nwo assfcae???

21. yode macrumors 6502

Haha. Mom's basement? Nice one, but I am at the office right now. Just so you know the only reason I called you out was because you were being a hypocrite and corrected that person for something that you are even worse at. I just hate hypocrites, can you blame me? By the way I am 19 years old, and I know that at 15 is the ol' teen angst year so don't worry I know where you are coming from :).

EDIT:
    Now you are just making yourself look like a jackass. Just keep on posting, all the other 15 year old's will be proud for showing how mature you guys can be.

22. impact_blue macrumors regular

One guaranteed way to convince your dad: Get a job and pay for your share of the plan.

23. touchyphone macrumors regular

First off, as if making myself look like a Jackass on message board means ANYTHING to me, its an effing message board, get over it, it's not Congress, its a macrumors message board which = zero to anyone anywhere. I suggest you get back to work in your office, I mean you work, go do something, make copies, get a coffee. You're 19 you're a big boy, with big boy pants and a big boy haircut and a big boy office. Good for you, Im sure the fam is proud, I heard not many folks make it out of the trailer park where you are from good for you...now get Jethro and the rest of them a big boy office job....

24. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the attention sir.

Per your request I've highlighted your errors...

25. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

guys, seriously cut it out and stay civil

if you dont, its a good way to get banned