iPhone 3G restrictor type app for Cydia

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
My wifi and 3G speeds are about the same and I can't download 10 mb + packages on 3G. Seems to be by design? Anyway around this?

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
That doesn't make any sense.
Cydia will not let you download any package over carrier data that's 10mb or higher?
I've never been able to. Sometimes my 3G will be faster and it will still prefer wifi. It will download on 3G, but a very slow pace. So slow that it times out. A few hundred kBs over several minutes. If I turn on wifi with its .70 Mbps speed packages will download fine. My 3G could be @ 2 Mbps and it wouldn't matter.

hieubui.rtz

macrumors member
May 20, 2013
My wifi and 3G speeds are about the same and I can't download 10 mb + packages on 3G. Seems to be by design? Anyway around this?
Correct me if I'm wrong but are you trying to download over-10MB files over 3G?
If that's the case and you have not installed any kind of restrictor before. It's pretty much because of your 3G network carrier.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Correct me if I'm wrong but are you trying to download over-10MB files over 3G?
If that's the case and you have not installed any kind of restrictor before. It's pretty much because of your 3G network carrier.
Even if my 3G speeds are better than my wifi speeds? I can download large files with safari on 3G with no issues. Huge apps too. This issue is only with cydia.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Maybe something to do with the particular repos server or dns settings.
I noticed before when connected on a very fast wifi connection it would take forever to update a cydia package. And once I turned off wifi and did it over LTE it would be done in seconds.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Maybe something to do with the particular repos server or dns settings.
I noticed before when connected on a very fast wifi connection it would take forever to update a cydia package. And once I turned off wifi and did it over LTE it would be done in seconds.
Interesting.