3G rollout for Rogers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hotshotharry, Aug 12, 2008.

1. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

Does anyone happen to know of a timeline for Rogers in regards to upgrading the network to 3G?

In Manitoba I believe Wimnipeg is the only spot with 3G at the moment.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Same answer at at&t... Like Organic growth from the metro areas, unless a specific area gets a large number of new iPhone 3G subscribers, then they may speed up the upgrade of a particular tower or area.

TEG

3. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

I take it you just mean for the expansion of 3G in Manitoba. I wouldn't count on anything soon as the province i too sparsely populated they probably will expand along the Trans Canada Highway. There are areas with vastly more population in Ontario, Quebec and BC that don't have full 3G coverage, I'd assume those places will get it first.

4. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I live in Brandon, and I can tell that 3G isn't expected for quite a while, the last rollout happened in Halifax and somewheres else back in February or so and nothing since. Brandon and other decently sized towns should be on the next "upgrades" list, however you won't see 3G along the Trans Can for a few years, and I would be surprised if 3G comes to Brandon within the next 2 years.

Usually when 3G is prepared to roll out, they do quite a bit of testing within a community, sometimes a 3G phone would automatically roll over to 3G service on and off over time, but I haven't experienced that at all.

I also called Rogers customer service regarding 3G expansion and they said that there are no plans for any expansion anytime soon unfortunately. Which sucks