3G running on 4.0.2 -- major problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pedroistheman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

For the past few months, my iPhone has gotten slower and slower and it has now gotten to the point where I can't even listen to music and open a text message at the same time. I've tried restoring, freeing up space, etc. but nothing has really helped. The wifi stopped working as well, and when I went to the apple store they told me I had to buy a new phone.

Aside from buying a new phone, does anyone have any recommendations to help the device run more smoothly? maybe a third party repair shop that could at least fix the wifi issue?

thanks

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You can always downgrade to 3.1.3 again. I have an old 3G that I downgraded to 3.1.3 because it was too slow on 4.0.

3. TaGY2K macrumors newbie

hexonxonx, how do you downgrade? .. had 4.0.2 on my 3G and I try to restore it with 3.1.3 and it gave me a error msg!

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

That's because it's stuck in recovery mode after restoring. Search for recboot and run that to get out of recovery.

5. TaGY2K macrumors newbie

So, what ur saying is .... hook my iphone 3G to itunes... hold shift and click restore .. pick the 3.1.3 file and then let it recover ... once I get the error msg in itune i use recboot?

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes.

7. dannyphone macrumors newbie

Hi

did you manage to downgrade??

8. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604