3G S Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Que, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Que macrumors 6502

i've had a quick search but can't seem to find anything about this problem so i apologise if i'm creating a duplicate thread.....

i went to bed last night with the battery showing 40%, i woke up this morning and it was at 14%.

i looked at the usage and the standby times and they were both exactly the same (16 hours 31 minutes or something like that). basically my phone was being 'used' while i was asleep which has never happened before (unless it was a ghost that was desperate to play with the 3g s).

i had a few pages open within safari but nothing that auto-refreshes and i closed all of them and turned the phone off and on and now the usage time is staying still while the standby time is climbing (which is what i would expect).

i guess it could have been the pages within safari but can anyone confirm or deny this? it's not a huge problem as the restart solved it but if anybody knows what might have caused it can they please let me know so i can avoid it happening again.

thank you.

2. ifoney macrumors newbie

You might have left blue tooth and wifi on>? Those are both battery hogs.

3. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if my battery just need colabiration (drain and recharge) but the battery does seem to be pretty poor so far.I can only put it down to push maybe?that supposed to drain it..

4. Que thread starter macrumors 6502

nope. nothing like that was on. i never have bluetooth on and i turn on wi-fi as i need it. i checked and neither were on accidentally.

also location services was off. and push was off.