3G S construction questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docprego, Jun 11, 2009.

1. docprego macrumors 65816

One of the things Apple did when introducing the 3G was to change the method by which they put the screen together. On the original iPhone the digitizer was glued to the glass effectively eliminating the possibility of dust being trapped under the glass. In fact my first gen iPhone has absolutely none. I know from first hand experience that just about every single 3G I have personally looked at has had dust stuck under the screen.

Does anyone know if the 3G S uses the same non glued method as the 3G or has Apple returned to the wiser method of gluing the digitizer to the glass?

The other thing I would think Apple has done would be to reformulate the plastic that they are using for the rear casing. Since they never officially addressed the issue of case cracking in the 3G, this would be a perfect opportunity for them to resolve this problem without ever having to officially acknowledge it. Photos from Chinese Engadget today show a 3G S unboxing and the rear does appear to look less shiny. Perhaps they did exaclty as I am suggesting, perhaps it is the lighting of the photos.

As with many things Apple....we'll have to wait and see.

2. The General macrumors 601

Yep.

3. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

How did you write the enclosed "s" in your sig? Thanks

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The moment you crack your screen you'll be very happy its not all glued together.

5. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

I understand the benefits of not gluing it, but as careful as I am the dust issues are more important to me.