3G(S) in title bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zep&mac92, Oct 31, 2009.

1. zep&mac92 macrumors newbie

A friend of mine claims that his iphone 3gs has been displaying for the last few months a 3GS in the top left corner when he is connected to AT&Ts 3G network and just recently, it switched to 3G (what most iPhones with say). Obviously this won't cause any problems if it is in fact true, but he was curious to see if anyone else had witnessed the same thing.

I own a 3GS myself and have yet to see a single screen shot or iphone anywhere that says 3GS in the corner and not just 3G or the E for edge. Have there been any reports of seeing this?

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

That makes no sense because the 3G in the corner isn't referring to the kind of iphone, it's referring to the network it's connected to.

3. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Great timing for him.
    :rolleyes: Your friend sounds like he is pulling your leg.

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Your friend is trying to make a cool story up. Its not refering to the phone just the network its connected too. Your friends a moron.

5. zep&mac92 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I know

He's not pulling my leg though... he's one of those older iphone users that doesn't really know how to use an iphone. I told him all of those things and he insists that it was there. I really only posted this because I told him I would check it out.