3G S issues, will Genius Bar replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Abyssgh0st, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Hey all, I bought my 3G S on launch day from Apple (w/out Applecare. But I don't plan to keep it longer than a year anyways), and from day 1 the mute/sound switch was extremely loose to their point where if I shake the phone when it is on the mute option (which I have it on 90% of the time), or even touch the screen it flops back and forth.

Also my oleophobic coating is completely gone. I can never rid of screen of fingerprints (even with cleaning solution and microfiber), whereas on day 1 I could barely get a fingerprint to show up.

Do you think they would replace my iPhone for these problems?

2. lollicup macrumors regular

maybe for the first problem

but not for the second one

apple never said that the coating was "fingerprint proof" , just that it resisted fingerprints more than the normal screen

which it does

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Time to Visit Apple

there you will get your answers. We can really only guess! good luck! some might have experiences but pretty much up to the Apple genius! make a Appt and see the 1st issue sounds likely though!

4. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I made my appointment already, I was just looking for users who possibly have been in before for this.

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Let me have a look for you...

[​IMG]

"ASK AGAIN LATER"

Man, I hate it when it gives that answer ... Let me try again...

"OUTLOOK GOOD"

Hey, what do ya know ... Looks good man.​

6. JoshVB macrumors regular

Just a guess - if your switch is that loose that it will switch without you touching it I'm sure you'll receive a replacement. The coating Problem is probably an issue which is a bit more subjective.

Good luck.

JVB