3G S owners- How's your touch scrolling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tejaykay, Jun 19, 2009.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Everything about the 3G S is fantastic, however, I've noticed when scrolling through lists that the touch physics seem to go a bit berserk with the scrolling jumping through lists when you're not flicking, but smoothly scrolling with your finger.

I've experienced this in native apps as well as installed ones. Tweetie seems especially bad (is this because it is not 3.0 tested yet?), does happen in contacts and music too though. Anyone else?

2. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Only just put my sim across from my 3G to the 3G S so not had chance to use it yet but I noticed the scrolling issue on my 3G model when I installed OS 3.0 over a week ago. A gentle smooth finger gesture and sometimes the list just goes into turbo mode, definitely appears to be a 3.0 issue.

3. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

This thing has really exceeded my expectations. Everything is really quick. Touch scrolling seems loads better. Apps open very quickly even settings and SMS. Very happy at this point.

4. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Hopefully fixed in a point update.

Think it may also be a combination of the speed update with the S. Whilst flick scrolling, touching the screen will instantaneously stop the scroll, so under the superfast S a simple touch and then a subsequent flick will have the appearance of it jumping as well. However, there is definitely scrolling issues with some apps.