3G S Text message issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brentg33, Jun 22, 2009.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

just upgraded from 1st gen to 3g s last friday. I have noticed i will get text message notifications while i am away from the phone, but nothing will show up under the messages icon on the phone. even when i go into it there are none listed even thought i know i just got one.

2. ticol165 macrumors newbie

iphone 3gs text msgs dissapear!

yeah im having the exact same problem with my iphone 3gs.After I recieve or send a text,i hit the home button,then go back to my text msgs and the whole text msg disappears.if i recieve a text,when i go to check it its not there. i talked to apple and they said to restore the phone(that seems to be there solution for everything).i doubt that will work.if u find anything out let me know

3. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

that wont work. i spent an entire night on the phone with ATT and Apple and reset and restored 3.0.....didnt work. Finally made a genius bar appointment yesterday and they had to switch it out. The first text to the new iphone...worked. so what you have there is a defective phone. make an appointment asap