3G/S up-graders will you get iOS 4 first?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Julien, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Since iOS 4 comes out a few days before the iPhone will you upgrade your 3G or 3GS to iOS 4 before you get your iPhone 4?

2. DrBashir macrumors newbie

Ofcourse

I can't wait to get my multiple exchange accounts!

And thats probably the most usefull/best feature you get with iOS 4 on a 3G, because all the other cool features dont work on the 3G. :rolleyes:

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Might as well? The only people that wouldn't would be those that have JB iPhones.

4. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

first, I am not an iPhone 3G/3GS owner. but it's an interesting question. So, I will answer as thought I am one. :p

I wouldn't upgrade my 3G/3GS to iOS4 since I'll be getting the iPhone 4; I want to be blown away by the experience as a WHOLE! iPhone 4 + iOS4 = *orgasm* ;)
    but when I get the new iPhone I'll upgrade the old one to iOS4 just for it to be worth more money on eBay :cool:

now, for my real situation: I'm on a 1st gen iPhone, so I'm dying to get the iPhone 4! it'll be a whole new world! :D

5. shk718 macrumors 65816

i just updated my 3gs with 4.0 very nice upgrade - love the data detectors in email. the threadded email seems to be wonky - it'll group them then un group - its a bit annoying - but when it works its great!

if the new iphone wasnt so sexy i'd be tempted to skip it and stay with my 3gs.

6. vmagg88 macrumors member

vmagg88

I'm most likely going to do it, don't really see much of a reason not to (my iPhone is not JB'en)

7. FatherAwesome macrumors newbie

i will...it will tide me over till i can get my new iPhone 4....:D:D:D
    plus it might give me a chance to get use to the new iOS4

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I will wait till I get the iPhone 4 to experience iOS4 on the 24th.

9. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

While I would love to to get to play with iOS4 a few days earlier, I'll have to pass. I want to keep my 3GS at 3.1.2 J/B and unlockable to net a higher resale price. I'll then give the buyer an option to recieve it that way or stock with iOS4. I figure that should make it easier and more profitable to sell.

And then in the mean time, I can continue to use the 3GS with MyWi with my wifi iPad with my micro sim adapter that's on it's way.

10. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

11. otis123 macrumors 6502a

My 3GS has 4.0 on it already, but the lure of the new phone is very strong. I loved the metal build of my first iPhone, and I hated the plastic on my 3G and now my 3GS. I'll see what gazelle is taking 3GSes for, I got $190 for my old 3G.

12. SonGoku v2.5 macrumors member

Same here...is it me though or has the sound decreased a little on the iPod app? I can't tell whether I'm paranoid and just haven't listened to my iPhone in a while or if the sound is a little lower now compared to 3.1.3.

Sadly, I might not get the iPhone 4 because, despite having a 3 line family plan and paying about $190 a month, I'm not valued enough to get the $299 discount. lol It looks like I'll have to get it for $499, but I'll check with AT&T to confirm that because that just strikes me as a little off putting...then again, about 2 weeks prior to the iPad release I didn't think I was getting that and here I am with an iPad - so who knows come June 24th.

Surprisingly, I feel like I might get my first white iPod/iPhone. I always thought the Black models were always sexier, but the white iPhone 4 is winning aesthetically for me....that last thought sounds so weird when saying it outloud. heh

13. shk718 macrumors 65816

i haven't noticed any difference in volume - perhaps its the song your listening to - the vol in the meta data may be set low?

14. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Like someone previously stated, I will likely wait and see what the future owner via EBAY wants me to do.

I will start the auction 3 or 4 days before launch day.

15. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

16. uhhitsjames macrumors member

Yes. It will be nice to screw around with for a couple days to get used to, and figure out how I want to use folders.

17. Aadhil macrumors regular

Wouldn't it be easier to restore the backup to the new phone if iOS 4 is already installed?