Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Anyone gotten an answer from Apple on who will deliver the 3G?

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
It's a matter of who they contract for big fulfillments like this. They used UPS for the WiFi release.

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007

NJMacJunky

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
Everywhere, yet nowhere.
I would expect them to use UPS for the 3G as well. The 3G release is not going to be an event like the WiFi was.

I hope they don't use UPS if the release date it actually a saturday, like people are saying. UPS does not deliver on Saturday. I think they probably used Fed Ex, all of my other iPad stuff has been sent via Fed Ex.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I hope they don't use UPS if the release date it actually a saturday, like people are saying. UPS does not deliver on Saturday. I think they probably used Fed Ex, all of my other iPad stuff has been sent via Fed Ex.

The wifi launch was done by UPS on a Saturday. A lot of us who don't get "normal" ups Saturday delivery still got ours. They hired extra drivers and such.

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
The wifi launch was done by UPS on a Saturday. A lot of us who don't get "normal" ups Saturday delivery still got ours. They hired extra drivers and such.

Ya, I preordered the wifi, but UPS didn't deliver until Monday for me. I want to do in store pick up if they use UPS. I called and they did not know, but I see folks are starting to get shipping info updates. Guess I will try to call again Monday.

EddyP

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
UPS most certainly delivers on Saturday. Maybe not to you. But they do make regular Saturday deliveries.

My WiFi iPad was delivered on the release Saturday by UPS as were many other peoples' iPads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.