3g signal is full, but losing data connection

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aleni, Jun 19, 2012.

1. aleni macrumors 68020

Hi, im using the iPhone 4s, i realised sometimes my phone is losing data connection even though the 3g signal is full, and i had to toggle airplane mode on and off gain to get the data connection again.

and sometimes too when i leave my home (which doesnt have 3g coverage) to a big street (that has 3g connection coverage), the signal is still at Edge, but when i toggle airplane mode on and back off, it will get the 3g at full bar.

i have tried resetting network settings, and even restoring my phone as new, but still no luck.

now i turned off the cell network search in location service setting, all things are normal again. is there a bug in cell network search?

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

What carrier? Based on the fact you said EDGE im guessing GSM based one.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Unfortunately it's based on the carrier settings that are provided by them and how often it's set to poll for the closest tower. Not something you can personally change.

4. aleni thread starter macrumors 68020

i remembered, it was ok before, but there was a pop up said carrier setting update, and i tap the update button. after that, 3g sometimes stalls until i refresh the network by toggling airplane mode on and off.