3G songs and apps not transferring

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tubaguy63, Jun 24, 2010.

1. tubaguy63 macrumors newbie

I am having trouble transferring my 3G apps and songs onto my iPhone 4. I restored my 4 from the backup of my 3G but no songs or apps transferred. The computer I am using is a mac that I recently bought so none of my apps or songs were purchased either through my old computers iTunes or directly on my 3G. I have been able to transfer purchased songs from my 3G to the computer iTunes and then into the iPhone 4.

The only solution I can think of is to transfer the apps and other songs onto the computer iTunes from the 3G and then I should be able to sync that onto the iPhone 4. I just can't seem to find a way to get the stuff onto the computer. The closest option I can think of is to sync apps after connecting the 3G; however it says that it will transfer the apps from the computer to the 3G erasing all 3G apps. The same is true with the music. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

2. tubaguy63 thread starter macrumors newbie

I should note that the 3G was previously jailbroken up until a few months ago. Not sure if that is the root of my problems. I can get beyond the apps since I just redownloaded most of them. The bigger concern I have is that my 3G has the only copies of personal performance recordings and I would hate to lose it. Suggestions??!?