3G speed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Revomonster, May 31, 2010.

1. Revomonster macrumors regular

Revomonster

I am thinking about getting an ipad but ai am haveing trouble deciding if I should get an ipad 3g or not. What are the capabilities of the ipad/ can it play online mutillayer games? Can it download a tv show? And can you stream tv shows veia the abc.com app? Please help!

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

www.apple.com/ipad

3. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

wow!!!! a little research goes a LOOOONG way.

your questions can be answered in 5 mins by doing a google search and and quick search of this forum.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

noooo! not a search! people shouldn't have to lift a finger to find out anything on their own! we're all just sitting here, ready and waiting to retype the same answers over and over!

5. mcfadyen macrumors regular

No, a lot of people on this forum just take hw time to be snarky, not helpful.
    My 3G speed works very well for everything I need.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

1) Yes 3G speed is theoretically capable of streaming video. However, as always, depends on available bandwidth where you are.

2) Actual capabilities depend on the App and whether your carrier has approved those services. For example, at launch the ABC TV player did not work w/ 3G, but was later fixed. Skype now works w/ 3G but will be a paygo service on 3G in a few months. The Sling Player is anticipated soon, but no word whether it will stream over 3G. The iPhone app does, so I assume the iPad app will too, but since it will use more bandwidth its not a lock.