3G UK - What Network

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Super Sneb, Mar 28, 2011.

?

3G UK - What Network

1. O2

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Orange

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Three

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  4. Vodafone

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Super Sneb macrumors newbie

Super Sneb

I've purchased a 3G iPad 2 and before I get a Sim card I was wondering what networks everyone uses?

2. GeekPill macrumors member

Three has the best deal on compared to all the other networks.

3. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I don't see how anyone can use more than a gig a month.

Streaming uses loads but unless you have no wifi in your homes which everyone does I find it hard to imagine.

I use three as it's the best signal and fastest in my area. But I use a mobile broadband preloaded pay as you go sim cut down to micro sim size.

It saves me having to have a contract and is very flexible.

4. GeekPill macrumors member

Yeah the MBB sims are the best plus if you live near the Outlets you get 12Months/12GBs for £60, ofc I would go to 3 rather then ebay or Amazon. Your paying more for that but atleast you get a real one. lol

5. nlr macrumors 6502

6. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Surely the best network depends on where you live.

I'm in London, both of my flat mates are on 3. They never get signal anywhere. I'm on O2. Have never had a signal issue. Except with iPhone 4. But that was due to the phone, not the carrier.

7. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I live near Belfast but commute and work in London frequently, I find 3 are top notch. Even when I had full 3G reception on both O2 and 3 I always found 3 to be faster and more responsive. Better deals too.

Reception is good too - I get full 3G coverage in a lot more places than I ever did with O2. That's my own experience mind you, depends where you live but I certainly haven't had any problems in and around the main towns in Northern Ireland and around central and east London.

8. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

I was with orange to start with iPad and dabbled for a month with O2 but Three have been the best by far. No contest for me and I will be going with them for my next iPhone too!

9. ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

If you travel around Vodafone is better than O2 for me (iPhone and internet dongle - one one each)

10. Jakeblu macrumors regular

3 here too although nearly didn't. 3 dont accept my debit card so couldn't activate the sim i bought when i got my ipad :( Customer service were absolute cr@p offering no help at all. So here I am with my brand new iPad and unable to play because no sim :eek: Fortunately I live near an Argos and was able to buy a prepay 3 sim with 1gig for a fiver. Argos are still selling the sims for a fiver so rather than top up a tenner for 1 gig I just fit a new sim :D Buy 2 or 3 at a time jobs a good un

11. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

12. GeekPill macrumors member

I bought one of those a few months ago to just have a micro sim (sad I know but I did use it in my Mifi).

Tomorrow I will be buying a few just to have since I am getting my iPad2 tomorrow.

13. guicane macrumors regular

guicane

Three without even thinking! Great coverage everywhere! Specially London

Browse Amazon for a micro sim. I got one from there with 3GB valid for 3 Months for only £8, can't beat that!

14. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Three for speed and value
    Vodafone for network coverage