Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Has anyone received their 3G iPads after June 6th and activated the unlimited plan?

I'm just wondering how AT&T and or the iPad will know when you go in to activate the data plan that you qualify for the $29.99 unlimited if you purchased by June 6th and received it after due to back order. I know to activate on the iPad but I don't know if or how the activation screen may have changed on June 7th.

The Apple site says for orders placed by June 6th and AT&T told me I will qualify but I have no idea what hoops will be jumped through to get it to work.

sandydlc

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
I posted on another thread but yes, I can confirm that the $29.99 unlimited plan is still available as of around 3pm pacific time 6/9/2010.

Sandy

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Good to know. I ordered mine on the 4th and it isn't scheduled to ship until the 18th.

Michael

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks for the responses all. I won't get mine until the 24th but I wanted to see what kind of experience other users were having.

MRSooner

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Has anyone bought an iPad after the 7th and been able to sign up for unlimited data?

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
I registered just so that I can let everyone know that ipad 3g which I just bought from BestBuy this evening was still allowed register for unlimited plan at 10pm PST as of June 9th.

I was wondering until I get the confirmation message from AT&T because of stories like this:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=11634801

Anyway, if you care about the unlimited plan, don't wait.

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Well I'm crossing my fingers since mine won't arrive until June 24th. I hope I won't have the same problem as the person in the thread you posted AppleHater.

I called around to Best Buy and Apple stores all around my area and no one had 3Gs by June 6th so I ordered online. I didn't want to take a chance of waiting until after and grabbing one if it ever came into Best Buy to see if activation would work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.