3G unlimited activatio after 06/06

Discussion in 'iPad' started by reckless2k2, Jun 9, 2010.

1. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone received their 3G iPads after June 6th and activated the unlimited plan?

I'm just wondering how AT&T and or the iPad will know when you go in to activate the data plan that you qualify for the $29.99 unlimited if you purchased by June 6th and received it after due to back order. I know to activate on the iPad but I don't know if or how the activation screen may have changed on June 7th.

The Apple site says for orders placed by June 6th and AT&T told me I will qualify but I have no idea what hoops will be jumped through to get it to work.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Just got through activating (6-9-10 PM) for a friend and there were 3 choices for data plan with Unlimited still available.

3. sandydlc macrumors regular

I posted on another thread but yes, I can confirm that the $29.99 unlimited plan is still available as of around 3pm pacific time 6/9/2010.

Sandy

4. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Good to know. I ordered mine on the 4th and it isn't scheduled to ship until the 18th.

Michael

5. reckless2k2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the responses all. I won't get mine until the 24th but I wanted to see what kind of experience other users were having.

6. MRSooner macrumors newbie

Has anyone bought an iPad after the 7th and been able to sign up for unlimited data?

7. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I just got an ipad 64gb 3g and signed up for unlimited at about 645pm CST.

8. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Did you order the iPad from Apple, or did you walk into a store and buy it?

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Boltjames would be proud... ;)

10. MRSooner macrumors newbie

Thanks! I went to Best Buy and bought one after seeing your message. I was able to set up the unlimited plan also.

11. MiguelS macrumors regular

wonder if they are using the sim cards id to establish this.

12. AppleHater macrumors 6502a

I registered just so that I can let everyone know that ipad 3g which I just bought from BestBuy this evening was still allowed register for unlimited plan at 10pm PST as of June 9th.

I was wondering until I get the confirmation message from AT&T because of stories like this:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=11634801

Anyway, if you care about the unlimited plan, don't wait.

13. reckless2k2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'm crossing my fingers since mine won't arrive until June 24th. I hope I won't have the same problem as the person in the thread you posted AppleHater.

I called around to Best Buy and Apple stores all around my area and no one had 3Gs by June 6th so I ordered online. I didn't want to take a chance of waiting until after and grabbing one if it ever came into Best Buy to see if activation would work.