3g unresponsive, stuck @ restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Crackadillicus, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Crackadillicus macrumors newbie

hi,

new to this forum, we've got an iphone here having worse problems than any i've seen, and can't find anything similar on the web.

it's a 3G, recently installed the latest update (3.1.3? .2?), everything seemed to go fine. later that day i sent a text message, set the phone down, and when i picked it up, it was unresponsive. entirely unresponsive, even the holding down home+lock button for a bit got nothing, plugging it into a charger got nothing, it wouldn't even show up on the computer. oddly, once i got internet access on the laptop, it showed up in itunes as an iphone that needed restoring. so i clicked restore, and it got a little past half & stopped. dead stopped. unplugged it and the restoring apple+progress bar remained unchanged.

we tried everything we could find online, has any body run into this problem / have any suggestions?

UPDATE: we broke the screen a month or so ago, so i don't think we can take it into apple, even tho this problem is completely unrelated :(

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced