3G unrestrictor noob

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Stormspeed, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Stormspeed macrumors member

Can someone help me out here, everytime I try to install 3g unrestrictor I get this. I have the paid version. I am a JB noob.

Attached Files:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird.
    Maybe try to reinstall mobile substrate.

3. Stormspeed thread starter macrumors member

I'm not quite sure how to do that. I don't see it listed in packages.

4. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I use to get that all the time on my old 3GS. Some apps had that and some didnt.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You seen to be missing the most recent update of mobile substrate (0.9.3228). It came out this morning like 2AM

Go to the "changes" tab first and make sure all your packages are up to date.

6. Stormspeed thread starter macrumors member

Is there a way to manually update the mobile substrate? I get all these errors when cydia first starts up about refreshing data.

Attached Files:

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

There are ways to manually update those repo via SSH, but I wouldn't recommended it, those error are usually due to server overload, just give it a few and re try, or wait to later tonight and retry.

I really think that is your issue, not sure why it didn't pull the new package automatically, but the update badges are not working on Cydia at the moment, so the only way to see new updates is to check the "changes" tab.

Every time you open cydia to install something. go to the changes tab first, make sure you are all up to date and them go ahead with your install.

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Also, change your settings (when you are on the "Manage" tab) to "Developer" and it will then be listing in your installed apps list.

My changes tab isn't flagging available changes for me either, so I'm checking the changes tab daily or hourly (OCD!)