iPhone 3G/WiFi auto switching

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Loke2112, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

Wasn't there supposed to be a feature in ios6 that would switch your connection to 3G if wifi was dropping out or you were out if range? If so it doesn't seem mine does that and it would be oh so helpful with my neighbors having a frigging baby monitor. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

There was on the beta but it was pulled before iOS 6 went live.

3. Garen macrumors regular

Garen

Works just fine with my 4S when I leave wifi connection area it switches to 4G I must say I'm with AT&T

4. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

Loke2112 is referring to this feature in the iOS 6 keynote where iOS would switch to your data connection when your wifi signal had issues. For example, if you were still in wifi range but barely had signal, it would intelligently switch out to data instead of waiting for you to fully leave the wifi signal area. If your internet connection cut out but your wireless router was still working fine (which happens to me every now and then), iOS would realize that and switch to data until the full internet connection via wifi were restored. Apple didn't include it in the final release and iOS would definitely be better with this fairly basic feature.