3G will not turn on - after digitizer replaced , and screen cracked.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jakereilly, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jakereilly macrumors newbie

Hi there ,

Earlier today , I replaced my digitizer with success as the glass had cracked. whilst attempting to pry the lcd out of the holder it too cracked , I thought that this would just mean there would be some bleeding on the screen whilst i got a new one.

I went to connect everything back up together , and it all worked apart from the screen was completley white with lines in it , i put this down to the cracked screen , however the iphone was still working as far as i could tell.

Then , I left the screen and Iphone motherboard peice seperated , since then i cannot get the Iphone to turn on , as i cannot feel the phone vibrate when modes are switched or the phone turned on or off , before this when it was in two halfs , it was on and vibrating fine .

Would it be because the two halfs arent connectted up with eachother thus the iphone has gone into some kind of wierd mode , and when I connect up a new lcd screen and put the two halfs back together all will be good ?

thanks

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

first was the power on when you took the phone apart again? if so that was not good. you have to either let the battery full discharge or take out the mother board so it shuts itself down and then put everything back along with a new lcd and you should be fine..

3. jakereilly thread starter macrumors newbie

unfortunatley the power yes was on , but since then it was working fine with two halfs apart , then all of a sudden nothing , and it wont turn on so how can i drain it

or should i just wait a while and see what happens

thanks

4. jakereilly thread starter macrumors newbie

should i just disconnect cables 4 5 6 , in order for the motherboard to loose power and shut off?

5. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

no you have to take the mother board completely out

6. jakereilly thread starter macrumors newbie

7. jakereilly thread starter macrumors newbie

Disconnected the motherboard , took it out , put it back in reconnected it , then put the screen back and then put the two halfs together , and still nothing on the screen or any sounds , could the battery of died , or is there a possible connection loose

8. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

could be alot of things but not the battery .....make sure its all connected right and try it again

9. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Similar problem for me as the OP. Screen cracked, replaced it and while the phone is working, nothing shows up on screen. Really annoyed. Makes me want to go buy one of those $97 Walmart 3GS's even though the new iPhone is about to be announced. And I'm also livid about getting screwed out of my unlimited data plan. Grrr.