3G With Battery Percentage Indicator After Upgrade to 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JH-, Sep 15, 2009.

1. JH- macrumors 6502

I was jailbroken before 3.1 and had the battery percentage indicator enabled in sbsettings. Now that I upgraded to 3.1 my jailbreak was obviously broken however I still have the battery percentage indicator. Is this a new feature for all iPhones? I have a 3G.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, it just kept some of the settings from your previous jailbreak.

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

No, battery percentage is one of the few jailbroken features that does not go away after being unjailbroken.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

That's true. The battery percentage also gets backed up so if you restore from that backup, the percentage will get restored as well.

I restored my 3G iPhone from 3.1 down to 3.0 and I had to use an older backup that was from 3.0 and the battery percentage was back before I jailbroke it once again.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Before I upgraded my 2G to 3.1 I installed SBSettings and turned on % just so I would have it on 3.1.

6. felixen macrumors 6502a

so I take it the battery percentage on my unjailbroken 3g s is an exclusive S feature? I thought all iphones had this setting

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Nope. The 3Gs is the only one Apple deemed POWERFUL enough to render the extra "%" graphic. Having it on a 3G or lower puts your phone at risk of an exploding screen. :p

8. trajansburton macrumors newbie

9. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I honestly don't know why they would make it 3GS only. It isn't really a selling point of the product............... However, excluding MMS from iPhone 1st generation was definitely for marketing.