Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cwatson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Ok have a 3G battery wouldn't charge thought maybe time for new battery since I've had this thing since it came out,.. Battery came in I installed, comes with half juice already,... Put on charger nothing no little charge sign,noise,vibration nothing that it normally does when plugged for charge. So I ordered USB dock thinking that was damaged,.. Well installed that still same issue, I've checked every connection and seated everything perfect like it was, even bought new cords and couple of choice brand chargers. No luck, so now I'm asking for help on this considering I've tried all that I can to my knowledge, please and thankyou

RHELF

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
I had the same issue. I just assumed it was the connection on the phone where the charger plugs in. Turns out I was right after having it looked at. I was 3 weeks away from being eligible for an upgrade so I figured that would be the best route to take, so I called to see if they would help out a long time customer with an early upgrade. True to form, AT'&T' was way less than willing to help a customer in need at first(trying to charge an extra $200 to upgrade 3 weeks early). Long drawn out story short....a few supervisors up the ladder, they finally agreed to upgrade my phone a few weeks early at no additional cost.

I suppose if you are anywhere near the end of your contract(which I assume you are since you have a 3G), you could do the same as me. Just work your way up the ladder until you get someone who would be willing to let you upgrade a little early. Good luck!

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Get a new charging port for the iPhone, you can order them from Chinese sites for like $15. Or you could see if you can upgrade early if you're close to the end of your contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.